– Add missing Preferences->Directories checkbox to allow move target based on label.
– Fix a bug that prevented the torrent file move directory from being set independently of the torrent contents move directory.
– Fix security issue with the client pairing mechanism. Thank you to Simon Zuckerbraun – Trend Micro Zero Day Initiative for reporting.
– Fix bug that allowed primary labels with invalid characters to be used with torrent move feature
– Fix the naming of the WebHelper process (utorrentie.exe, bittorrentie.exe)
– Fixed rare crash that occurs while trying to retrieve torrent state
– Fixed a bug that would prevent Pro users from downgrading their license type
– Removed old BT Labs link from the help menu
– Restore default first startup view to the torrent list view
– Improvements for how resources are used by advertisements
– Additional on-boarding for new users.
– BitTorrent Bundles has become BitTorrent Now
– Ads can no longer generate pop ups or download content to disk.
– DHT update (BEP44)
– Bug fixes and stability improvements.
– Do not allow adding single file torrent from webinterface to uTorrent root directory (Security fix)
– Fix regression: move torrent after completion
– Fix potential crash when automatically restoring node selection
– Fix IE frame related crashes
– Mechanism to limit the resources used by Advertisement
– Fix a potential crash in .btsearch parsing
– Rewrote string classes for significant crash rate reduction
– Opportunity for users to report poor ads experiences to help us improve ad quality
– Cookie ingestion to improve ad relevancy, with option to opt-out
– Fixed behavior re: triggering browser in foreground when intended by user
– Improved detection of default browser
– Solved #1 Pro support issue (first license check) server-side 3/14
– Fixed crash in Remote for some users when adding a torrent file; resulted in connectivity issues
– Fixed broken label removal in the auto-label settings section
– Increased row height in main download view for better visibility
– Optimized list management for peers, PCs, and torrents- leading to improvements in performance
– Cleaned up columns in the main list view. Health, Rating, Label, AddedOn and Completed On columns are no longer default (can still be added manually)
– Fixed wolves
– Updated Devices page section’s text and icons
It is that time of year when we have to endure cold, miserable and relentless snowy conditions.
Or, if you live in California, you have to endure your out-of-state friends posting pictures of their cold, miserable and relentless snowy living conditions.
Either way, it is the perfect season for bundling up, grabbing a mug of spiked/hot cider, putting on some slow jams and…
- Fixed crash in Advanced settings (sometimes triggered when saving)
- Fixed crash in the Devices page (sometimes triggered when adding a conversion device)
- Fixed crash in the Devices page (sometimes triggered when setting up devices page but no conversion devices are configured
- Fixed client hang (when uTorrent was left open for 2-3 hours, sometimes Internet Explorer would trigger a client hang)
Just in time for the holidays. This release of uTorrent pairs very well with eggnog, cheese logs, red coffee cups, and the N-Sync christmas album. This particular release is also very special because the version number is sequential. A uTorrent stable version number that is sequential is rare and doesn’t happen very often. It is meant to be treasured. It is basically the software equivalent of a blood moon, or Halley’s comet, or a Half Life game.
In this release, we focused on: bug fixes and stability updates. Seriously. We squashed a lot of bugs and stabilized all sorts of things.
Not happy with generic release notes? Well, here are the all the dirty details. Go crazy kids:
- Better use of system resources, improvements to stability
- Improved handling of paid codecs and Antivirus activation for Pro users
- Fixed incorrect accounting of wasted bytes when talking to peers
- Fixed memory leaks in clients
- Users were reporting a UI hang for RSS feeds (right-clicking on item)- fixed this
- Fixed Pro status page rendering
- Fixed a bug that prevented resizing of the left rail
TL:DR: uTorrent is faster, better and more reliable
[button link=”http://www.utorrent.com/downloads/win”]Download Now[/button]